- Whole Cashew nuts – 3/4 cup
- Besan Flour – 1/2 cup
- Rice flour – 1/4 cup
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Ginger – 1 tsp (grated)
- Onions – 1/4 cup (thinly sliced)
- Mint leaves – 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Curry leaves – a few (optional)
- Hot oil – 1/4 cup
- Oil – for frying
- Add besan flower, rice flour, red chilli powder, salt, mint leaves, ginger, onions and cashews.
- Add hot oil little by little and sprinkle little water.
- The batter should be thick.
- Now heat oil in a medium flame and fry the cashew batter in medium flame.
- Remove them when they turn golden brown.
- Garnish with fried curry leaves.
- Enjoy the Crispy Cashew Pakodas with tea.
Tips for Crispy Pakodas:
- Adding hot oil is very important. This will make the pakodas Crispy inside.
- Fry in a medium flame is very important. Then only the cashews inside can be fried properly.
- The batter should be thick. Only very less water is needed.